Social Emotional Learning SEL in Carmel Central School District
The District-wide Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Team was established in 2017. This team is directly responsible for the action and implementation of the Strategic Planning Strategy 2 priority result: CCSD uses an over-arching methodology to support social & emotional learning and the 6Cs
Vision of the Team
In the Carmel Central School District students will cultivate the social and emotional skills needed to establish strong relationships and contribute positively to the world.
Highlights of the Team's Work
- Social Emotional Learning Needs Assessment of the district
- Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports at Tier One, Two, and Three in each building.
- Social Emotional One Note Resource Binder for staff
- Exposure and understanding of the CASEL framework of the 5 competencies for SEL
- Crosswalk of the 6c's and 5 CASEL Framework competencies
- Development and Revision of School Counseling Plan K-12
SEL District-wide Team
Joe Simoni- Assistant Superintendent, Pupil Personnel Services & Technology
Lizzette Ruiz Giovinazzi- Assistant Superintendent, Instruction & Personnel
Administration from each building, district-wide clinical staff, teachers from each building, parents/community members, Regional Partnership Center, NYSED