How do I download the FREE Carmel CSD App on my iPhone, iPad or Android device?
Watch a video tutorial: Downloading the Carmel CSD app
- Go to the I-Tunes App Store or Google Play
- Search Carmel CSD
- Select "Free" and then "Install"
- Input your apple or google account password
- After the app has installed, click "Open"
- You have now downloaded the app
What are the features of the Carmel CSD app?
Watch a video tutorial on the Carmel app features.
- The landing page features include news, lunch menus and a calendar.
- The News feeds can be customized to receive news from the District and/or any of our schools.
- The lunch menus and calendar icons bring you to the CCSD website for that information.
- From the landing page, swipe to the second page to see the Parent Portal (link to Home Access Center), "MyPaymentsPlus" (link to cafeteria payment login page), Superintendent, Twitter, Directory, Sports, Notifications, and Settings.
- In the Directory, you can search for staff members and their email addresses.
- The Sports icon lets you follow your favorite athletic teams.
- The Notification icon can be customized to receive push notifications from the District and/or individual schools.
- Settings lets you choose such settings as the schools you wish to follow and the language.
How do I customize my News feeds?
Watch a video tutorial on customizing news feeds
- Open the Carmel CSD app
- Select the News icon
- By default you will see al the District level news feeds
- Select the wheel in the top right hand corner
- Select which school(s) you wish to follow (we recommend that you select "All under the District listing in addition to any school(s))
- Choose which type of news you want to follow
- Select "Back" and then "Done"
- Now your customized selections will display in your News section
How do I customize Sports, push Notifications and Settings?
Watch a video tutorial on customizing Sports, Notifications and Settings
- Open the Carmel CSD app and swipe to the second page
- SPORTS: Select the Sports icon. To see scores for a particular sport, select "Scores" at the bottom of the page, then select "Change." From here, you can select the sport(s) you are interested in. To visit either the GFMS or CHS athletic website, select "Sites" at the bottom of the Sports page, then select "Change" and choose either CHS or GFMS
- NOTIFICATIONS: Select the Notifications icon. Alerts are push notifications that pop-up on your device
- Select which school(s) you wish to follow (we recommend that you select District listing in addition to any school(s))
- Select "Receive inbox messages".
- Select "Back" and then "Set up Notifications."
- Select "Alerts" and select "On"
- Now you will receive notifications anytime a new message is sent
- SETTINGS: Select "Settings"
- From here, you can also choose the schools you wish to follow, turn your push notification alerts on or off, select a language, and other miscellaneous tasks