Superintendent Search 2020
Candidate Information & How to Apply
Seeking an outstanding educational leader who possesses the following qualities:
- A progressive, open-minded visionary who embraces diversity and promotes equity.
- An effective, confident communicator with strong convictions who is committed to the success of the district and achieving unity.
- A caring, collaborative relationship builder who is focused on the whole child and values parent and community involvement.
- An experienced, innovative instructional leader who upholds high academic standards through the meaningful integration of technology and the six Cs: critical thinking, collaboration, communication, citizenship, creativity and compassion.
- A transparent, accountable administrator with a command of NYS education law, finance and educational reforms who can skillfully and creatively leverage resources needed to safely move the district forward in an ever-changing landscape.
Candidates must submit a formal letter of application, a current resume, an updated folder of professional credentials from a college or university and a completed application form. NYS certification as a School District Administrator or School District Leader is required. An initial three-year contract will be offered with a salary of no less than $230,000. A comprehensive benefits package will be offered.
TO RECEIVE AN APPLICATION CONTACT:
James M. Ryan, Ed.D, District Superintendent
Carmel Superintendent Search
Putnam | Northern Westchester BOCES
200 BOCES Drive
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-4399
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RETURNED BY SEPTEMBER 25, 2020.
Carmel CSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
From John Cody, BOE President
To the Carmel Central School District Community,
At the June 23 Board of Education meeting, Mr. Andy Irvin formally announced his resignation as Superintendent of Schools, effective June 30, 2020. The Board of Education would like to extend its sincere thanks to Mr. Irvin for his dedicated service to the district for the past 12 years.
As members of the Board of Education, we understand the importance of choosing a new Superintendent who exemplifies the standards and values we hold as a district and is prepared to lead our district forward. To that end, we have retained Putnam | Northern Westchester BOCES to conduct a search for our next district leader.
We are committed to a thorough, transparent and inclusive process. Given the critical importance of this decision, we will be seeking insights and opinions from across the Carmel Central School District community on the characteristics and qualifications community members would like to see in our next Superintendent.
In coming days, we will be creating an online survey for community members and will be scheduling virtual community forums to solicit input from all interested parties. Based on the community’s priorities, PNW BOCES will seek and screen qualified candidates. A committee of community members and school district representatives will have an opportunity to meet with finalists, and the Board of Education will make the final decision of our next Superintendent of Schools.
In closing, the Board of Education would once again like to thank Mr. Irvin for his tireless dedication to the children and families of our district.
We look forward to a fruitful search for a new leader.
John Cody, President