Every parent/guardian will receive an attendance call when their child has been marked absent, no matter the reason.
Parents/guardians no longer need to call to report student absences. The parent/guardian will then be asked to send a written documentation of the reason for the absence with their child when they return to school.
Carmel High School
- Absence: Include your child's name, date(s) of absence and the reason.
- Early Dismissal: Include your child's name, the name of the person picking up your child and the time the child will be picked up. A pass will be prepared for your child to pick up in the Main Office.
- Anticipated Partial-Day Absence: If you suspect your child may need to leave school early, please follow the Early Dismissal procedure.
- College Visit Absence: If your child will be absent from school due to a college visit (juniors and seniors), please complete the College Visit Verification Form and return it to the Main Office when your child returns to school.
George Fischer Middle School
When your child returns to school after an absence, written documentation should be given to their homeroom teacher.
- Student Pick-up: When picking up your child from school, please have photo ID available. You will be asked to show your license or other photo ID each time you arrive to pick up your child. Your child will need a note from a parent/guardian if they are being picked up by someone other than their parent/guardian.
When your child returns to school after an absence, written documentation should be given to their teacher.