About Our District
The Carmel Central School District educates the whole student through partnerships to become lifelong learners in an ever-changing world.
Adopted by the Board of Education, Sept. 2016
We embrace individuality, provide opportunities for students to discover and pursue their passions, and ignite a desire to learn.
Our Core Values
- Students are the priority
- Individuals thrive when they feel safe, supported and respected
- Community partnerships are essential
- Trust is fundamental
- Every person has intrinsic value
- High expectations are imperative
- We will communicate with and engage the Carmel Central School District community to understand and actively support our mission to develop and prepare students for an ever-changing world.
- We will offer relevant curriculum and instructional practices utilizing expertise, resources, and technology to achieve our mission and its outcomes.
- We will build and utilize a structured planning and implementation process that drives our mission and its outcomes in the most effective and efficient manner.
Carmel Graduate Profile
- By 2021, each student will be engaged in making appropriate choices that demonstrate understanding and empathy toward others.
- By 2021, students will proactively set and pursue challenging goals.