Budgets & Audits
Annual Budget Vote & Board Member Election
The Annual Budget Vote & Board Member Election will take place on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm at our 3 polling locations:
Carmel High School (for residents of Carmel, Putnam Valley & Southeast)
Kent Elementary School (for residents of Kent & East Fishkill)
Carmel Central School District Administrative Office* (for residents of Patterson)
*NOTE: This polling location was formerly located at Matthew Paterson Elementary School
Board of Education Candidate Information
Nomination packets for prospective Board of Education candidates are now available!
To receive a packet, contact Joanne Stevens, District Clerk at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 845 878-2094, ext. 210
This year, three vacancies exist on the Board of Education for the seats of Trustee Richard Kreps, Trustee Michelle Yorio and Trustee John Cody as follows:
- Two seats to be filled by the two candidates with the highest number of votes for three (3) year terms commencing July 1, 2021 and expiring on June 30, 2024
- One seat will be filled by the candidate with the third highest number of votes for a term commencing May 19, 2021 and expiring on June 30, 2022.
Nominating petitions must be submitted to the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 19, 2021.
All candidates must have the following qualifications:
▪ Be able to read and write
▪ Be a qualified voter of this district (which means a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age, and not adjudged to be an incompetent)
▪ Be and have been a legal resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year prior to the election
▪ May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
▪ May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
▪ May not be a current employee of the school board
▪ May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
In accordance with Section 2018 of the State Education Law, nominating petitions for this election require the signature of at least 49 people, which represents 2% of the number of individuals who voted in the 2019 annual election of the members of the Board of Education. To identify a qualified signature, it must be legible. Please ask each signer to also PRINT his or her name, and the residence should be listed by location, not mailing address (i.e., 100 Main Street, not RR# or Box 123).
2021-2022 Budget Presentations
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE REGISTERED (NOTE: Birth Date must be in the format in this example: January 1, 2000)
To vote, you must be registered. To be eligible to register, you must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, and a resident of the District for 30 days. If you are registered with the county Board of Elections or have voted in a school election in the last four years, you are already registered.
You may register with the county Board of Elections by mail or remotely through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website at:
To check your registration status, contact Joanne Stevens, District Clerk at 845 878-2094, ext. 210 or email@example.com