Carmel Central School District Mission - Vision - Core Values
The Carmel Central School District educates the whole student through partnerships to become lifelong learners in an ever-changing world.
We embrace individuality, provide opportunities for students to discover and pursue their passions, and ignite a desire to learn.
- Students are the priority
- Individuals thrive when they feel safe, supported and respected
- Community partnerships are essential
- Trust is fundamental
- Every person has intrinsic value
- High expectations are imperative
- We will communicate with and engage the Carmel Central School District community to understand and actively support our mission to develop and prepare students for an ever-changing world.
- We will offer relevant curriculum and instructional practices utilizing expertise, resources, and technology to achieve our mission and its outcomes.
- We will build and utilize a structured planning and implementation process that drives our mission and its outcomes in the most effective and efficient manner.
Mission Outcomes - Carmel Graduate Profile
- By 2021, each student will be engaged in making appropriate choices that demonstrate understanding and empathy toward others.
- By 2021, students will proactively set and pursue challenging goals.
- Analyze & Synthesize Information
- Employ Divergent Thinking
- Practice Self-Reflection
- Work Productively with Others
- Develop Partnerships
- Navigate Social Environments
- Actively Listen & Speak
- Articulate Ideas & Knowledge
- Practice Digital Responsibility
- Demonstrate Civic Responsibility & Pride
- Embrace Diversity
- Engage in the Community
- Explore Artistic Opportunities
- Identify & Pursue Passions
- Think Innovatively
- Consider Others’ Viewpoints
- Demonstrate Empathy
- Show Kindness