Community Use -- Facilities Use & Fees
Facilities Use Process
A. All applicants must review the CCSD policy for Community Use of School Facilities prior to submitting the application. A submitted application shall attest to the group or organization's intent to comply with all Board policies and regulations and to use District facilities strictly in accordance with the use described in the application.
B. All applicants must review the CCSD Insurance Requirements and adhere to their contents.
C. All applicants must review the CCSD fee schedule (below) and understand how it applies to their application.
D. All applications for the use of school facilities shall be submitted at least 14 working days in advance of the requested date(s).
- All applications must be accompanied by the following:
a. Documentation that proves the Not-for-Profit status of the applicant.
b. A current Certificate of Insurance with CCSD named as additionally insured certificate holder.
c. A CCSD Hold Harmless certificate signed and dated by an authorized agent of the organization.
- Notice of an approved application will be emailed to the applicant and must be retained as a permit for use. This permit must be readily available at all functions.
E. As a condition of use, the permit must be presented to an on duty custodian or groundsman prior to the start of the event and at the finish of the event. The permit confirms an organization's right to the use of facilities. Without it, an organization will be asked to leave the premises.
A. Insurance Certificate
- Notwithstanding any terms, conditions or provisions, in any other writing between the parties, the permittee hereby agrees to effectuate the naming of the District as an additional insured on the permittee's insurance policies.
- The policy naming the District as an insured shall:
- Be an insurance policy form an A.M. Best rated "secure" or better insurer, licensed in New York State.
- State that the organization's coverage shall be primary and non-contributory coverage for the District, its Board, employees and volunteers.
- The District shall be listed as an additional insured by using endorsement CG 2026 or equivalent. A completed copy of the endorsement must be attached to the certificate of insurance.
- At the District's request, the organization shall provide a copy of the declaration page of the liability and umbrella policies with a list of endorsements and forms. If so requested, the organization will provide a copy of the policy endorsements and forms.
- The permittee agrees to indemnify the District for any applicable deductibles and self-insured retentions.
- The insurance producer must indicate whether or not they are an agent for the companies providing the coverage.
- Required insurance: Commercial General Liability Insurance
- $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate, with coverage for athletic participants.
- Permittee acknowledges that failure to obtain such insurance on behalf of the District constitutes a material breach of contract and subjects it to a liability for damages, indemnification and all other legal remedies available to the District. The permittee is to provide the District with a certificate of insurance, evidencing the above requirements have been met, prior to the commencement of work or use of facilities.
- The District is a member/owner of the NY Schools Insurance Reciprocal (NYSIR). The user further acknowledges that the procurement of such insurance as required herein is intended to benefit no only the District but also NYSIR, as the District's insurer.
B. Hold Harmless Agreement
C. Not-for-Profit/Tax Exempt Certificate
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
A. All applications are subject to cancellation in the event of conflict with school activities, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the Board of Education.
B. In the event of school closing due to inclement weather, it is the responsibility of the organization to verify facility use and notify its members. Damages to fields will be billed to the organization causing said damage.
C. The building Principal's office must be notified of cancellation of any activity at least 24 hours in advance in order to avoid being invoiced for the use of facilities applied for.
D. It is the responsibility of the organization to provide adequate adult supervision and maintain order at all functions. The organization on the application shall be responsible for any damage to school property.
E. It is the responsibility of the organization to provide adequate adult supervision and maintain order at all functions. The organization on the application shall be responsible for any damage to school property.
F. All school owned electrical, electronic or audiovisual equipment is to be operated by District personnel only.
G. The use of tobacco or tobacco containing products is strictly forbidden anywhere on school property. This applies to the fields, parking lots and surrounding grounds as well as the buildings.
H. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on school premises unless approved by the Superintendent of Schools per Board of Education policy, prior to requested date.
I. All decorations must be of fire resistant materials. These materials must be removed at the conclusion of the event.
J. For kitchen services, contact the Director of Food Services to arrange use of the kitchen. There will be a separate charge for Food Services staff.
K. Prohibited are the following:
- Attachment of screws, bolts, tape, etc. to walls, fixtures, floors, etc.
- Obstruction of any corridor, door or passageway.
- Alteration or relocation of equipment.
- Painting of scenery or decorations on walls, floors, ceilings, etc.
- Digging holes or erecting signs, etc., on fields
L. Usage fees have been established in accordance with the regulations of the Board of Education and are subject to change. Fees for custodial services will be charged when the facility is used beyond the hours the custodial staff is normally on duty and when admission is charged. Custodial service charge will include 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after the scheduled time of event. If further cleanup or maintenance is required to bring the facilities back to the condition prior to the event, the applicant will be charged accordingly.
2019-2020 Facility Use Fees
- GFMS Auditorium/CHS Casey Hall: $28.00/hour
- Cafeteria: $21.00/hour
- Classroom: $7.00/hour
- Concession Stand (Indoor & Outdoor): $7.00/hour
- Courtyard-CHS '80s Wing: $7.00/hour
- Exterior Basketball Court: $7.00/hour
- Grounds/Playfield: $7.00/hour
- Gymnasium: $28.00/hour
- Parking Lot: $7.00/hour
- Tennis Court (per court): $15.00/hour
- *Turf Field: $155.00/hour
- *Turf Field with Lights: $200.00/hour
- *Turf Field-with or without lights for Community groups approved prior to 2005: $54.00/hour-Monday-Saturday; $72.50/hour on Sunday
*PLEASE NOTE: Turf field rate includes custodial charges, all other rates do not. See below for additional custodial charges.
Custodial Overtime Rates:
Overtime charges apply after 10:00 p.m. weeknights and on Saturdays. Double time charges apply on Sundays and holidays. The following custodial rates may be in addition to facility rental fees.
- Overtime: $54.00/hour
- Double time: $72.50/hour